Find an event
Our regular programme includes walking, cycling and social events. For most of these, you can just turn up. Go to our What's On pages for details of a specific event or to find out generally what's on.
We also have regular trips away at weekends and longer holidays. These have to be booked and priority is given to paid-up members. Here are the ones coming up:
- Suffolk Coast sailing (July)
- Dorset Coast walking, coasteering & windsurfing (July)
- Chichester Harbour sea kayaking (July)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival & sightseeing (August)
- North Yorkshire Moors walking (August bank holiday)
- Swiss Alps backpacking (September)
- Brecon Beacons - Black Mountains walking (October)
- Northumberland Coast walking (New Year 2015/16)
More information will appear on our What's On pages as it becomes available
As well as walking we also offer opportunities to try out other outdoor activities. This programme of taster events is called CLOG Active. So far we have tried white-water rafting, Go Ape zipwire, climbing the roof of the O2, ice-skating, beachcombing on the River Thames foreshore, tree-climbing and Segway riding at Alexandra Palace.
See below to read more about some of the future activities
Our walks programme includes:
- Day walks in the Home Counties - mostly at weekends;
- Weekend trips farther afield [Hills and mountains];
- One and two week trips even farther afield! eg. Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy Croatia etc.
We also have an active social programme including:
- Monthly social evenings
- Evening walks
- Fiilms, plays & exhibitions
- Restaurants & pubs
We are a friendly group of around 200 + members and are happy to welcome anyone who enjoys the countryside and also likes going out on the town.
After that we ask you to become a paid-up member
Go to the "What's on" tab on the left for further information
You may try out up to three events in order to see if the group will suit you. This includes most day walks but priority on trips away is given to paid-up members
Our events calendar tells you about all the events that are coming up over the year. There may be some spaces where more events are added during the year.
Meet other members at our regular social meetings and other social events.
There are regular social evenings
We also have other social events including meals out, films, plays, gigs, exhibitions and so on.