Find an event
Our regular programme includes walking, cycling and social events. For most of these, you can just turn up. Go to our What's On pages for details of a specific event or to find out generally what's on.
Shall I stay or shall I go?
We also have regular trips away at weekends and longer holidays. These have to be booked and priority is given to paid-up members. Here are the ones coming up:
- North Yorkshire Moors walking (August bank holiday)
- Swiss Alps backpacking (September)
- Brecon Beacons - Black Mountains walking (October)
- Northumberland Coast walking (New Year 2015/16)
- Spain (February 2016)
- Cornish Coast (Easter 2016)
- Lake District (Easter 2016)
More information will appear on our What's On pages as it becomes available
As well as walking we also offer opportunities to try out other outdoor activities. This programme of taster events is called CLOG Active. So far we have tried white-water rafting on the River Lea, Go Ape zipwire at Trent Park, climbing the roof of the O2, ice-skating at the Natural History Museum, beachcombing on the River Thames foreshore, tree-climbing and Segway riding at Alexandra Palace, going on a Thames Sailing Barge, sailing in Docklands and sea kayaking in Chichester Harbour.
See below to read more about some of the future activities
Future events include opportunities to try:
- speedboating on a Thames RIB boat (August)
- mountain biking (September)
- orienteering (October)
- horse-riding, canoeing and caving (October - weekend trip to Wales)
- abseiling (November)
- dry ski-ing (December)
- spa experience (January)
More information on future activities will appear on our What's On pages as it becomes available