In addition to our regular programme of walking, cycling and social events, once a month we try out a new active event. This programme of monthly taster active events is called CLOG Active. So far we have tried white-water rafting, Go Ape zipwire and climbing the roof of the O2.
See below for our next event (ice skating) and other future events
Some future trips:
More information will appear on our What's On pages as it becomes available
- France (Nice) after Christmas
- Dartmoor (New Year)
- Norfolk Coast (March)
- Pembrokeshire Coast (Easter)
- Lake District (Easter)
- Amsterdam (Spring bank holiday)
- Yorkshire Dales (Spring bank holiday)
- Lake District (June)
- Dorset Coast (July)
- North Yorkshire Moors (August bank holiday)
- Brecon Beacons - Black Mountains (October)
- Northumberland Coast (New Year 2015/16)
CLOG Active - next event
The next CLOG Active event is ice skating
At this time of year a magical thing to do is to go skating at the open-air ice rinks in London. The backdrop of London's stunning Natural History Museum is one of the best places to do this. With fairy lights and Christmas trees, there is a large outdoor rink set in the grounds which is beautifully lit up for the occasion.
You can skate around the Christmas tree, then sip a hot chocolate or mulled wine while enjoying the festive scene from the Café Bar.
We have booked 9 places, which will be subsidised by CLOG as part of our series of monthly active events. Cost is £10 each including the subsidy. You need to meet at the Natural History Museum by 7:00pm on Thursday 18th December 2014, ready for the booked slot at 8:00pm. Skating will last an hour and we will go to the Café Bar afterwards.
Whether you're a budding Torvill or Dean or more like Bambi on the ice, then this should be a fun event for you to join in.
If you would like to come along then please email Rhian by Monday PM if possible so we can confirm numbers.
CLOG Active - future events
Future events include opportunities to try:
- Cycling at the Olympic Velodrome
- Beachcombing/mudlarking on the foreshore of the River Thames in London
- Swimming in the Olympic Pool
- Riding Segways at Trent Country Park
- Taking the high-speed RIB boat on the River Thames
- A weekend away caving/pot-holing
- White-water rafting in Lee Valley (being repeated as the last 2 sold out!)
- Skiing (trip to Milton Keynes dry ski slope)